5 Benefits Of Tomatoes You Definitely Should Know About!
Tomatoes are easily found in any kitchen, and while they have been a great source of nutrients to our daily diet providing myriad health benefits they offer, they also work well as a skincare ingredient. Come let’s enjoy reading what tomatoes have to offer!
Want to explore more about tomatoes?
Here’s what you need to know!
- Exfoliates And Hydrates
- Reduces Pigmentation, Oiliness and Prevents Acne
- Offers Sun Protection, Treats Sunburns
- Soothes Irritated Skin
- Get Youthful Skin, Reduce The Signs Of Aging
Apply fresh tomato pulp to your skin directly after washing your face and leaving it pat dry. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with cool water. To nourish skin, mix a little bit of aloe vera gel with the juice of tomato pulp.
Cut a tomato into 2 halves, and rub each piece on two sides of your face. Rinse after 15-20 mins for an oil free complexion. To treat acne, mix tomato juice or a pulp with a few drops of tea tree oil, which can be used as a face pack! Use this magical potion regularly.
To protect against the sun and reduce the effects of tan, mix the plain yogurt and tomato pulp to make a thick paste. Apply it on your face and rinse after 15-20 mins. To treat sunburns, mix tomato juice with buttermilk in the affected areas, to cool down the skin.
For a glowing complexion; Mix honey with tomato juice and apply all over your face, wash off the paste after 20 mins. You can also create a DIY multani mitti and tomato juice which adds extra glow and youthfulness to your delicate skin!
Do try these remedies for glowing and youthful complexion!
What Pride Month Is All About
Do you also love seeing the rainbow? It’s raining outside and it’s rare we get to see beautiful rainbows, but have you been seeing the rain colors of the rainbow lighting up your feed lately? If you don’t really know, we are here to make sure that you know June is the month of pride! With parades and social activities taking place across the country and the world, we are here to give you a low-down on what and whys of the Pride Month!
Origin of Pride Month:
On 29th of June 1969, the police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in the city of New York to arrest the goers as homosexuality was considered a criminal offense a long time back. Due to constant frustration, the gay community vehemently put up a fight and fought back with riots. Throngs of protesters gathered overnight to mark one of the first few LGBTQ+ protests that would go down in history as a monumental step towards a revolution.
To celebrate ‘Pride’ means to celebrate the struggles and persistence of the LGBT Community. To acknowledge their resoluteness and steadfastness towards creating awareness and ensuring they too, are privy to human rights.
- The LGBTQ+ flag was originally a pink triangle, but it was replaced with the rainbow flag on account of having been used by Nazis Germany to mark sexual deviants.
- The first rainbow flag was created by artist Gilbert Baker for a San Francisco march.
- Originally the flag had 8 colours, bringing alive the personality of the queer community: “hot pink for sex, red for life, orange for healing, yellow for sunlight, green for nature, turquoise for art, indigo for harmony and violet for spirit.”
- In 1970, L. Craig Schoonmaker came up with the term ‘Gay Pride’.
At a personal level, you can show your support through attending parades and social activities that increase awareness. You can actively work with organisations that support the community, encourage activities to create an all-inclusive workplace, volunteer for youth programs to guide and help the youth embrace their sexuality with zero qualms, create and take part in support forums for parents with queer children… The list goes on.
DIY Your Own Skin Balm For Sudden Acne Break Outs
Our delicate skin sometimes requires a break from the OTC skincare products that we regularly use. Not because the OTC products stopped working we take a break from it but sometimes we want to try our own hacks for our precious jewel which is skin. Have you noticed sudden breakouts yet?
These breakouts are the signs of sunburn, infections, inflammation, poor skin hygiene, and ofcourse hormonal changes due to monthly periods leading to severe to mild acne problems.
So have acne prone skin and want to be helped through home made remedies? Check these DIY gel balms to soothe your skin and banish acne.
If your skin often feels sensitive and if you aren’t allergic to roses or aloe vera, then this balm is a must have. Other than acne, it can also soothe the sunburns and provide nourishment to the dry skin.
Excited to DIY your own balm?
Here’s the recipe:
DIY Rose Gel Balm For Sensitive Skin
- 1 cup rose petals
- 1 cup aloe vera gel
- A glass container
Method to DIY:
- The rose petals and aloe vera gel should blend until you get a frothy paste.
- You’ll see a pink mixture, this should be strained from the blender with the use of sieve.
- Store the product in a beautiful glass container.
- Apply to your delicate skin whenever required and necessary.
DIY Tea Tree Infused Gel Balm For Oily Skin
Oily skin can take an advantage from the natural hydration with aloe vera gel that is mixed with tea tree oil, which will help kill the acne causing bacteria.
- One cup of aloe Vera gel
- 20 drops of tea tree essentials
- A beautiful glass container
- Make a mixture of tea tree essential oil and aloe vera gel properly.
- Store the mixture in your beautiful glass container and always keep it refrigerated.
- Want to get the blissful result soon? Apply it all over your neck and face at night, leaving it for all night.
- Rinse your face with normal water in the morning.
DIY Chamomile Gel Balm For Combination Skin
Depending on the weather plus climate conditions, our skin can feel dry and oily. Use of a soothing gel balm with chamomile is a perfect blend to hydrate skin and keep acne at bay.
- 2 chamomile tea bags
- 1 aloe vera gel
- A glass container Ingredients
- Brew the tea bags to make one cup of chamomile tea.
- Blend the aloe vera gel and tea, once the tea is cooled.
- Pour the blissful mixture in a beautiful glass container and store it in the refrigerator.
- Apply the mixture all over your face and neck at night and rinse off in the morning.
These remedies give you glossy skin and make your skin care routine stand out. The essential oils used here are from Balanced Beauty Nepal, a hub for glossifying your skin care routine via amazing aesthetics.
This has been really working in my combination skin enhancing my skin type with extra smoothness and glow.
Let us know which works well on your skin and leaves it smooth and rejuvenated! ✨